Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Step 24: ...

Another day, another drawing. I finished the rest of the piece I had posted a preview of last week, and here it is:

The Monochrome Army.

It's the same three characters I've discussed in previous posts. I wish I was better at coloring, but alas, I haven't developed a style I'm sold on yet. Realistic rendering looks a little wonky with my stylized linework, and cell shading looks plain lazy.

Coloring is overrated anyway.

At any rate, it's good that I've been keeping myself busy, because that request from an agent for my full manuscript was rejected. They gave me some good feedback, which gives me hope that my story isn't quite the hot mess I think it is, but I'm still back to square one.

Congratulations on accomplishing exactly nothing!

I'm going to try to keep up my illustrations. Even if they're all for naught, drawing has had a therapeutic effect on me as of late. If I disappear for a few days at a time, look forward to a new piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment