Saturday, May 7, 2016

Step 17: Phone In A Title (Part 2)

Here's the third and final character design I finished yesterday, for your viewing pleasure:

Eyes as black as your soul.

I'm dubbing the above character "Red". Bright ginger hair, dark eyes, Mona Lisa smile--Red is a cool beauty whose story is central to Defining Lines. This was arguably the hardest character to pin down; how do you convey aloofness and secrecy through an illustration? I'm not quite sure I completely captured Red's personality accurately, but hopefully if I keep trying, all will be revealed to me in time.

Think adding a cross-shaped scar would be too obvious?

For good measure, I threw together a collage of the three main characters, complete with some haphazardly drawn clothes:

Charlie's Shea's Angels.

So, what is the story all about, and how do these three come together? Well, I can't tell you that. At least, not yet. Maybe I'll accidentally drop some hints along the way, but for now, just know that I wrote this book because it's something I would like to read. Hopefully, you will too!

PLEASE LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment