Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Step 30: Run Out Of Steam (Momentarily)

Blarg. I got another rejection letter yesterday on an old query that I had nearly forgotten about. For whatever reason, this one stung more than the rejection I got on the full manuscript last week. I would have thought by now that my skin would have gotten tougher, but clearly I'm a little more emotionally invested in this story than I ought to be.

I don't even know what's going on in this gif but it's strangely indicative of my feelings right now.

I'm also running out of momentum on my art, which is frustrating because I had been churning sketches out so regularly that I was starting to feel like I was actually being productive towards something. I know you're supposed to plow through writer's/artist's block even when you aren't feeling motivated, but I just can't seem to inspire myself. What's the freaking point of creating anything when no one is interested in what I have to offer?

At least until tomorrow.

I was digging through my old art files on my computer the other day, and I'll admit it was kind of fun. Some of the illustrations are pretty dated, but there's a few gems in there as well. Maybe revisiting them here will inspire me to push onward.

Unfinished Rhaegar Targaryen/Lyanna Stark piece from A Song of Ice and Fire

Random doodle from my old sketch book

My love for Davie Bowie knows no bounds

No comments:

Post a Comment