Saturday, June 4, 2016

Step 32: Give Blood

Man, I've been suffering from a severe lack of motivation the past few days. I'm at a 95% rejection rate for my book (including three rejections on the full manuscript), and the last 5% of queries I've basically written off as being ignored or lost in the ether. I'm trying to drum up the motivation to send out another batch of queries, but the idea of writing a slew of tailor-made emails sounds about as much fun as watching paint dry.

And not the cool kind of paint drying.

Ah, well, there's always tomorrow. I did accomplish one thing of value today, which is that I hauled my lazy ass down to the local blood bank and gave them a pint of vampire chow. World Blood Drive Day is an international event bringing together blood banks and Star Wars fans, and is the brainchild of my good friend Ryder Windham of Star Wars literary fame. It's actually held on the second Saturday of June every year, but I was a week late to the party last year so it seemed only fitting that I  would overcompensate and do it a week early this year.

Rebel 4 life, yo.

The plan was actually to dress up in my entire X-Wing pilot costume, but it was so flipping hot this afternoon that I forewent the jumpsuit in favor of, you know, not passing out. Maybe next year!

I literally created this whole blog entry just so I could post this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment