Sunday, June 5, 2016

Step 33: Keep At It

It's not much, but I sent out three more queries today.

Kind of how I expect to feel after the inevitable rejection.

A long time ago I made the mistake of researching the agents that I query. I mean, you want to do a little research so you aren't sending your Time Traveling, Post-Apocolyptic, Young Adult Romance manuscript to James Patterson's agent, but beyond that, it's best not to know who you're dealing with. Because you just might discover that they're a huge geek who cosplays and graduated from your alma mater and loves David Bowie just as much as you do. And rejection from them is the hardest of all.

"Did we just become best fr--"
"LEAVE ME ALONE"

So, there's that. I told myself that I was never going to quit, but gosh darn if it isn't tempting. I'm so in hate with myself right now that I can't even bring myself to re-read my manuscript, which I haven't done in a few months. I fear it's going to be just as bad as I think it is and I'm going to want to collapse under the weight of my own shame for even entertaining the idea that I had enough talent to write a book. But giving up isn't a great option for me, because it would mean that I'm admitting the last year of my life was all for naught and I'd be back to square one.

sdfaklsjdf;ljasdklfjaskdjf

No comments:

Post a Comment