Saturday, June 11, 2016

Step 36: Do A Little Dance

A little news on the literary front: I've got two partial manuscripts and a full out on review!

When it rains, it pours!

In the days following the #PitMad Twitter event, my tweet got favorited twice more--once by an agent, and another from an independent publishing company. The publishing company requested the full, while the agent asked for the first three chapters. In addition, another agent--whom I had contacted on the recommendation of an agent who had passed on my query--also requested the first fifty pages of my manuscript.

I actually knew this guy back when he was MATT-FUCKING-MILLER.

It feels good to be oiling the pipeline, even if nothing pans out. I'm used to rejection at this point, but the target is starting to feel a little closer. I went from shotgun-firing my query to everyone and anyone with an e-mail address, and now I'm getting nibbles from the right demographic of agents for my book. It'll be interesting to see what the next few weeks hold!

Trying not to count my dancing chickens before they hatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment